Welcome to Dream Vacation Villa’s official travel and tourism lifestyle column, curated and written by your resident expert in vacationing in luxury, Denise Mayer. Weekly, I’ll be bringing you highlights from the industry, spotlighting luxury villas and must-do activities for you and your loved ones. Today’s topic is enjoying the California coast without getting mired in the traffic of Los Angeles. If you love to sit ocean-side relaxing or enjoy water or near-water activities this article is for you.
The Beauty of Malibu without the Price Tag
Newport Beach, California is Malibu’s slightly less famous cousin, less than an hour south of LA airport (LAX) and the bustle of LA traffic. The Newport Coast is best known for its awe-inspiring whale watching tours when in season, an amazing marina, great coastal island day-excursions, large fishing and amusement piers, world quality golf and let’s not forget about the great surfing and beaches.
Beach Life Bliss
Driving the California coast offers a wide array of beach activities for the surf enthusiast or a family vacation. Within a 15-minute drive there are many beachfront attractions that you should consider visiting, including:
- The infamous Huntington Beach Pier – a municipal pier just north of Newport Beach – is one of the longest on the west coast and was originally built in 1904.
- Does hiking or beach strolling in a beautiful park sound pleasing? The Crystal Cove State Park offers both beach front walks and long trails for those more adventurous.
- A place humming with activity includes both the Newport and Balboa Piers connected by five miles of sand, sun and great eats. With cycling and walking paths, the area is ripe for exploring.
- Worried you’ll miss out on the fun of Disneyland? Try the Balboa Fun Zone for a throwback to amusement parks before their reinvention by the mouse.
- Looking for an island excursion? Balboa Island offers an opportunity for a casual romantic evening exploring the local shops and eateries.
Off the Beachen Path
Looking to see what else there is to do around the Newport Coast without having to spend every hour on the beach or in the sun? Here are some things to consider.
- Great Golfing
- Arts and Culture with Museums, Art Galleries and Studio tours
- Fine Dining near Marriott’s Newport Coast Villas plus 75 other options!
- Looking for something different? Here are three cool and unusual attractions.
The Dream Villa Breakdown
Whether you’re looking to stay with us at Dream Villa Vacations or not, there are a ton of great options in the area. Be sure to choose the vacation style you want. Our offerings in the area include Marriott’s Newport Coast Villas, a gorgeous property overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Being away from home never felt so comfortable, luxurious and downright pampering. On-site dining, a marketplace, pools, adult and children amenities and spa make it a great choice for all your travels to the area.
Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions about Newport Beach or are looking for a great Marriott Newport Coast Vacation Villa with ocean views.